Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Ralphie...The final Chapter Until Next Year

If I am being honest, I am a little relieved that our Elf on a Shelf duties are over for the year. Overall, I think we came up with some pretty creative ideas and even if we didn't, Joshua was always surprised with the silly things that Ralphie did.

This morning was kind of fun because the Grinch trapped Ralphie in the popcorn maker. Joshua wasn't too sure about the Grinch but Grayson loved that his heart grew three sizes!


What preschooler (I can't believe Joshua is a preschooler) wouldn't love an elf who fishes with a candy cane? We probably should have thought this one through a bit more because all Joshua wanted to do for the day was go fishing. It is far too cold to sit outside and fish.


This one was a little last minute. It was late (and by late I mean around midnight and we rarely see past 10:30pm) and we had a small get together at our house because family from out of town was visiting. Earlier that day Joshua had wanted to put on tattoos so what did Ralphie happen to bring him? Tattooos! The tattoos have already been applied because I was a little late with the photo.


And this one...Chris had fun writing on the mirror but me on the other hand struggled to get it off.


Ralphie reading to the Christmas decorations is one of my favourites. It's cute, simple, and Joshua thought it was sweet. And Ralphie is reading one of my favourite childhood books (I love reading the boys books that Chris and I used to read when we were kids).


I was not creative with this one at all. Chris was at a hockey party and I was left in charge.


And finally, Ralphie brought the boys Christmas ornaments on Christmas Eve, which I completely forgot to get a picture of. Joshua loved his Marshall Paw Patrol ornament and Grayson got a reindeer that says "Little Stinker" on it because that is exactly what he is.

Elf on a Shelf was a hit this year and Joshua was so cute when he gave Ralphie a hug good bye (the only time he's been allowed to touch Ralphie) and then gently put him back under the tree for Santa to pick up. I'm sure next year I'll be just as excited to start Elf on a Shelf as I was this year, but for now, I'm relieved it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment