Wednesday, September 14, 2016

When You Just Have To Go With It

As a parent of two little boys, I have barely grasped learned that sometimes you just need to go with the flow and accept that most plans won't go according to plan. Like the first day of school and that very first bus ride.

Being the mom that I am, I like to have a plan, so a few days before the first day of school, I made sure to check the bus schedule and schedule our morning routine accordingly. Chris made arrangements to work from home that morning so he could see Joshua off on the bus for his first day. So that morning, we had breakfast together and went outside 20 minutes before the bus was scheduled to come so that the boys could ride their bikes for a bit. Well, here's where my plan took a nosedive. As soon as we got outside we saw a group standing at the bus stop. Surely they aren't waiting for the same bus Joshua should be getting on. Then 30 seconds later we see a bus, Joshua's bus.

Next thing you know, we're running for the bus. Joshua is giggling the entire way while I'm thinking to myself "of course this would happen on his first day." Joshua was the last one on the bus and we managed to squeeze in a quick picture. I was so proud of him as he got onto that bus with all of the excitement in the world.




Now that I look back on his first day, his morning was filled with quite a bit of excitement. And on top of that, he didn't have time to get nervous and I didn't have time to ugly cry get emotional because Joshua is off to his first day school.

And I'll just leave this picture here...

My attempt at a first day of school picture

No comments:

Post a Comment