Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's Pumpkin Time!

This past weekend was a pretty busy one for our little family, but we managed to find some time to run out to a local pumpkin patch and pick up some pumpkins. Our little family likes to big pumpkins which is why we don't just go anywhere (like the grocery store) to buy one. The boys each picked out a pumpkin and then we were off on our way to Joshua's hockey.

This week we finally got around to carving them. Grayson wasn't really interested in it at all. He did not like the pumpkin guts on his hands at all so he opted to relax and watch some TV. Joshua loved carving the pumpkins though. Once Chris cut it open for him, he was all over scooping out the guts and instructing me to remove the pumpkin seeds for baking (and now that I'm thinking about it, they are still sitting out to dry 3 days later). He did an amazing job cleaning out the pumpkin and was careful not to make too big of a mess.

The theme this year for our family pumpkins is Toy Story, which happens to be the movies the boys are obsessed with at the moment. I think Chris and I could quote the movies we've seen them so many times. Chris leaves the carving to me because as he says, he is the expert at carving full moons, so fair enough. I am pretty impressed with how our pumpkins turned out considering we still do not have a carving kit and the only tool I have to use is a steak knife. Since we have set the standard for pumpkin carving pretty high with the boys, next year we will be purchasing a carving kit.

Before I get to posting the pictures, I do want to mention how Grayson was not a happy camper at all when I turned off all the lights to show the boys the Buzz Lightyear pumpkin. I think it is safe to assume that he may be a teeny bit afraid of the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment