Wednesday, May 13, 2015

We Deserve Super Hero Capes

Raising two boys is definitely hectic, but it's made easier when Chris and I team up.

Even with the two of us being superheroes working as a power duo, these two boys still seem to sneak their antics past us. In all fairness, it's not easy thinking like a two year old. So the other morning when Joshua was in the bathroom, I thought to myself 'how much trouble could he get into in there? He'll just play with his bath toys.' Wrong, wrong, wrong! A two year old is much more creative than that, they have such big ideas and a very large outlook on life. So when Joshua was in the bathroom and saw my makeup bag on the counter, he saw it as an opportunity. This kid does not miss a beat. He grabbed my mascara and knew exactly what to do with it. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw him applying mascara. He was so proud of himself saying "mama, eye big!" Now let me just say, mascara is not easy to get off of a two year old who does not want his face washed. Needless to say, he went to church looking like he had a black eye. 

And then there was the bathtub incident. How does playing catch with your brother turn into biting your brother?

And then there's Grayson's new found freedom. He recently learned how to drag himself across the floor crawl and his world just got so much bigger. His point of interest just happens to be the dog's dishes. So the other evening, after bath time, when everyone was supposed to be settling down before bed, it shouldn't have surprised us when Grayson managed to knock over the dog food and water, soaking himself and the kitchen. And ever so quick to help, Joshua made a slip and slide out of the mess. 

It's these moments that make me so grateful to be their mama. It's these moments that Chris and I laugh about when our boys are in bed and we get a moment to breathe. It's moments like these that remind me just how lucky I am.

And it's busy days like this that a glass of wine at the end of the night was made for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment