Monday, September 14, 2015

Lost in the Hustle and Bustle

It seems my little blog made it to the back burner over the past couple of months. Not because of a lack of things to write about, but because we have been so busy. Between our move and me returning to work, we had to find a new balance. I am happy to say that I should have more time to continue writing about my family's antics.

I'm going to back date a bit and write about our move. The week before moving was a whirlwind. Between last minute packing, living out of boxes, the dog being out of sorts, and a toddler who wanted to unpack boxes, Chris and I had our hands full. The only small relief from the stress of moving that we had was knowing we had a week between the closing on our new house and the closing on my house, meaning we didn't have to panic if we didn't get everything moved in one day.

Lucky for us, we had so much help! From Gramma and Auntie Chelsey watching the boys, to Chris' dad and uncle helping us load up the trucks and trailer, to everyone pitching in with cleaning the new house and unpacking, moving day was a success and to my surprise, not very stressful (I have Chris to thank for that...he's pretty amazing if I do say so myself).

The first night in our new house was surreal. I couldn't believe that this home was ours. I couldn't wait to have it all to ourselves and settle down for our late night. Of course, as soon as everyone left, I had to test out my new bath...the one with the jets and two windows above it (I had run out earlier that day to buy vanilla scented bubbles for this very moment...this new bath was high on my priority list). And then after, I was able to crawl into bed next to the love of my life and marvel over our new adventure in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment