Monday, October 5, 2015

Elf on a Shelf

This Christmas season, Chris and I have decided that we want to buy Joshua and Grayson an Elf on the Shelf. It looks like fun and Joshua is at an age now where he will understand and remember that he has to go hunting for an elf each morning.  Part of me thinks this game is more for the parents than it is the kids…I’m probably going to be more excited about hiding this elf than Joshua is going to be finding it.

Naming an elf is serious business in our house. We don’t want to just pick any name because this name is going to stick with this elf which means we are going to have to like it for the next 10+ years. The elf needs to have a Christmas themed name, one that is witty and makes sense (at least to us). I know some families would have their children pick the elf’s name, but when you have a 3 year old who is obsessed with certain cartoons and also likes to name things what they actually are, we would either end up with an elf named Gru or an elf named Elf.

So Chris and I have taken matters into our own hands. We don’t even own this elf yet, but here we are, being the dedicated parents that we are, trying to come up with an appropriate name for this thing. And of all the possible names there are for this, I think it’s going to be named Ralphie. And let me just say, I cannot stand the Christmas movie that we have taken the name from, but Chris on the other hand loves it. And I’m sure this year and every year to come, just like last year, he’ll come to me with his boyish good looks and charm and ask me to watch it with him because he knows I can’t say no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment