Wednesday, October 28, 2015

It's Pumpkin Time!

This past weekend, we decided to carve our pumpkin. We had taken the boys to a pumpkin patch on Thanksgiving where we picked out two pumpkins, one large pumpkin for carving and one smaller pumpkin that Joshua picked out. Last year, Chris and I were a bit excited about carving pumpkins and carved them a bit too early (I’m talking beginning of October early) so our pumpkins barely made it to Halloween (and by barely, I mean we should have gotten rid of them the week before Halloween).

So this year, we were patient.


On Saturday evening, we brought the pumpkin inside, washed off the dirt, and got to cutting it open. I started cutting the pumpkin open and apparently looked like I had the ability to lose a finger doing so, so Chris finished it for me (luckily, I was trusted to carve the pumpkin). Joshua was so excited about the process of cleaning out the pumpkin. A few times he turned to me with pumpkin “guts” in his hand and said “ewww, disgusting on Joshua’s hand.” I had so much fun watching his enjoyment of cleaning the pumpkin and he did an awesome job. Finally I got to carving the pumpkin and below is our end result of our family pumpkin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment