Friday, October 2, 2015

The Small Moments

Life is busy, it has always been busy, but I never knew how busy it could get. This busyness thing is a real thing, it’s not just something I say or make up or joke about. It’s not always easy to balance schedules and work and daycare and meals and kids and anything else that just happens to pop up, but for the most part, I think Chris and I do a fairly good job of keeping everything running smoothly like a fine tuned machine.

But sometimes, just sometimes, something slips and we end up with 3 bags of milk open, more specifically, 3 bags of 3.25% milk that only Grayson drinks, or a wallet gets left in a pant pocket and washed, or a banana bread loaf gets left in the oven and is hard as a brick by the time the burnt banana smell is noticed wafting around the house, or a washing machine is cleaned and the filter isn’t properly secured and water is running into the basement.

It’s these things that happen in the busyness of life that make for funny stories later on. Normally I don’t find these situations amusing while they are happening, like when I drink Grayson’s milk wondering why it tastes so thick and wonder how Chris just managed to drink a whole glass and not mention it. Or when Chris just looks at me and says nothing (he doesn’t need to because his eyes were saying it all) when I pull my banana bread out of the oven that was under cooked before I forgot about it. It’s these moments that we can look back on and laugh about. These moments remind me that life can’t be taken too seriously and we need to have fun, laugh, and enjoy every moment.

As I once read somewhere: life’s short, smile while you still have teeth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment