Thursday, September 24, 2015

Birthday!

I am another year older, but I feel the same. My 26th birthday was yesterday and I had a great day…it was less dramatic than my “cry in a parking lot because my key fob won’t work” day.

My day started off with a birthday kiss from Chris and a super cute Joshua.  When I went into his room, he was sitting on his bed. This is how our conversation went:

Me: Joshua, do you know who’s birthday it is today?
Joshua: Yes…
Me: It’s mama’s birthday!
Joshua: Happy birthday mama! (he opened up his arms and gave me a big birthday hug…he can just be the cutest kid when he isn’t busy tearing apart the house)

And then there was Grayson who was just happy to see anyone who would let him out of his crib.

I had balloons and beautiful flowers at work (my desk is still decorated…I’m going with a birthday week over here). My mom called to wish me a Happy Birthday. The entire time I’m thinking to myself “geez mom, you’ve dropped the ball on this one…where are my birthday cupcakes you always bring me?!” She was being sneaky and my dad brought them to my office later that day…hopefully she knows that she has started a tradition and I do expect them every year!

Once I got home with the boys, Chris snuck upstairs with Joshua while I got Grayson situated in his highchair and the birthday cupcakes ready to be devoured eaten. Then, I see Joshua coming down the stairs with a card in one hand and a Pandora bag in the other. He looked so cute and he was so proud when he handed me my card and said “birthday card mama!” We sat around the table all enjoying cupcakes and ice cream pizza (a tradition Chris started on my 25th birthday).

Once the boys were in bed, I was able to have a glass of wine and girl talk with my girlfriend. We sat outside and sipped our wine while combating the mosquitos and got all caught up on life.

Finally, Chris and I had a pizza date. I love pizza dates…they are probably one of my favourite kind of dates. Pizza dates consist of ordering pizza once the boys have gone to bed (parents of the year award over here) and eating it in bed while watching TV. It’s my favourite because it’s comfy, cozy, and it’s just the two of us.


I had a wonderful birthday and was spoiled by my 3 favourite men! Love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment