Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Lady Crying in the Parking Lot is NOT Crazy

The amount of panic that comes to me at the mere thought of anything happening to my children is overwhelming.

Let me start from the beginning…

For the past month now I’ve thought that the battery in my key fob for my van was going to quite at any time. And yesterday was the day. I have a pretty tight schedule at the end of the day. I only have half an hour to get through the city to pick them up from daycare before it closes. So yesterday, after work, when I went to unlock my van, I shouldn’t have been too surprised that it did nothing. There were no flashing lights to let me know it had unlocked, no automatic doors opening, no nothing. There was silence, maybe some mumbling of "why won't you just work?!", and sudden worry creeping up inside of me. So I called my mom because she has car seats in her car and would be able to pick up the boys while I walked over to the store kicking myself for not getting a battery earlier. Well, when she wasn’t home and I couldn’t get a hold of her, panic started to set it. I called Chris and I’m surprised he even understood a single word that I was saying. I’m not even 100% sure I was speaking English, but I know I was crying, panicked, and standing in the middle of a parking lot.

Well, wouldn’t you know it, you can still use your key even if your key fob isn’t working and it won’t set off any alarms and your vehicle won’t spontaneously combust, and you can calmly get into your vehicle, get yourself together, and be on your to get your babies.

I felt so much relief once I had my babies with me. I was so worried about them and not being able to get to them.

When I got home, Chris was waiting for me with a hug and smirk on his face…yes dear, I am fully aware that sometimes I am a basket case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment