Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Storm Clouds



I am not a morning person at all, I’m far from it. I need the time to myself to gather my thoughts and get my days started. And since it’s socially unacceptable to have a glass of wine in the mornings, I also need my morning cup of coffee.

Chris knows I am not a morning person. He learned this long ago. He will point above my head in the mornings and make thunder noises to imitate a storm cloud (hahaha, he is just so funny). My mood this morning went something along the lines of this: “No, I do not want you to cuddle me if your arm is going to be under my pillow and getting in the way of my overall comfy-ness” and “no, I do not want to share my body pillow, this is not up for discussion” and “do you even know what time it is? Get out of bed!”  So with that being said, he was walking a pretty thin line when he woke up this morning and proceeded to tell me how much of a pest he was last night. He recorded me snoring, which in my opinion, sounded like a soothing melody. He then told me that I had kept him up late last night. Hmmm, I don’t think I should be blamed for this. I would like to formally place the blame on his 9:00pm hockey game…he came home wired (I’m actually quite surprised the soothing sound of my soft snoring didn’t lull him to sleep…I thought I was doing him a favour).  

And even when I am walking around with a storm cloud above my head and a scowl on my face, he always knows how to bring out that sunshine. Even though he was running late for work this morning, he still took the time to get Grayson’s milk and breakfast ready and get Joshua ready for his breakfast. He still had time to set me out some leftovers for lunch. And he always has time to tell us how much he loves us before he leaves for work. I have no complaints, I’m a very lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment