Monday, September 21, 2015

Fun With the Family



Date nights in our house without the boys are few and far between. So Friday night, when we had the chance to sneak out for a few hours and go to a hockey game, we jumped on it! It was nice to go out and spend the time just the two of us. I may take a little longer than Chris to get ready (it seems I am always running around last minute doing 101 things that just need to get done that second by the end of the weekend) but at least I am prepared and didn’t go to a hockey arena, where there is a sheet of ice that needs to remain frozen, in only a t-shirt. When we got home after the game, we were not surprised to see Joshua still up with Gramma. Apparently Grammas just think they can get away with anything…well, next time, we are shipping him over to Gramma’s house the next day when he is cranky as cranky can be.

Saturday mornings, Joshua has bowling. He tends to go in stages as to how he is going to behave while we are there. He starts off wanting to bowl and listening so well, then he wants to do his own thing and he needs to be bribed with candy (yes, I always said I would never bribe my child…clearly that was said out of a lack of experience and I am now well aware that I was fooling no one back then).

That evening, we took Grayson to the fair where he got to go on his first fair rides! I took him on a bumble bee ride that went in a circle and up and down. He got a bit impatient waiting for the ride to begin, but he seemed to enjoy the ride. Next, he want on the carousel with Chris…the ride took a bit to start so by the end, it was Daddy and Grayson standing there, going around in a circle…they both looked so thrilled. It was well past Grayson’s bedtime by the time we got to the Agricultural Area at the fair. There was a fawn coloured cow that was just lying there chewing on hay. Grayson seemed to love the cow. He got so excited, started smiling, kicking, and pointing at this cow. Yes buddy, I see the cow, it’s massive. I love how excited he gets for things…nothing makes me happier than to see my babies happy.

Then, there was yesterday, also known as Football Sunday. With the boys in bed, the house was quiet…almost too quiet. That’s because it wasn’t just Football Sunday, Chris had to pick his team for his fantasy hockey league.  So I spent the evening lounging in bed with a good book and the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment